Friday, November 21, 2008

Keep The Artist Going

See the little "Donate" button over to the left?

Even if you don't plan to do anything with it, go look at it.

Future good things are coming, and that donate button may be the only way I'll get paid. I don't need a lot of money -- I knew this financial mess was coming, and I prepared for it with lifstyle -- but the less I have to earn running around taking pictures of local schoolkids or the dump or disarticulated feet, the more time I'll have to DRAW STORIES AND GET THEM TO MY READERS.

(Neat Paypal secret: mini-donations don't show up on the fee radar. Get in on it before they figure that out! They add up.)

6 comments:

Gillian Daniels said...

In recent weeks, I've been converted into an obsessive fan after discovering a copy of "Desert Peach: Seven Peaches" in a local comic book store. I never knew something like this could be so good! Less than an hour ago, I also purchased a download of "Peach Slices" from Lulu.

I just wanted to let you know that you and your comics are wonderful. This post makes me nervous, but I hope you have the sources to continue doing your art, publishing, and writing for a very long time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need to do some more shopping!

Donna Barr said...

Yay! Never be afraid of telling an author or artist you like their work. We live for pats on the head ("Look, mommy, I did a drawing!"). We all work hard on our resources, and we all have OCD, in a way, so if we could keep drawing after we were dead, we would (Hm. Ouija-board comics? "Words and Pictures From The Dead"?).

Gillian Daniels said...

Or maybe "Sequential Art Beyond the Shroud"? I suggest attempting to contact Will Eisner when you get there, though, with undead copyright laws and everything.

Donna Barr said...

I haven't read a lot of his work. Nice people send me an occasional book to promote, but other than that, I don't get the reference. Or do you just mean that he's passed on (huge loss to our art form!)?

Gillian Daniels said...

He's credited with coining the term "Sequential Art," that's all. I do agree he's a huge loss to the form, though!

Donna Barr said...

"Sequential Art" could be a bunch of paintings in a gallery. "Graphic Novel" means "Something drawn which is new."

My term is "Drawn Books," with only two -- COUNT 'EM -- two syllables. It says the art form is like drawn butter -- it's refined!

Shoot me for bad puns now.